Star Wars Customizable FX Lightsaber

As part of my day job, I do some wacky low-budget videos. Here's another one.



It's for the Master Replicas (who no longer has the Star Wars license, by the way) Star Wars Force FX Lightsaber Construction Set I just got. Well, I, we, whatever. I have one, and it's in the video. It's a lot like the regular FX Lightsabers, although the light-up sequence is slightly different, the handle is customizable and made of metal and plastic bits, and you can switch up the colors.

The item was originally sold at Radio Shacks, but in my neck of the woods they're long gone. And rightly so, this is a really fun big item. It's not quite as heavy as the regular versions, and it does lack the ice-cold all-metal feel of the other releases, but it's a fair trade-off for the blade's color changing abilities. That alone makes this far more entertaining than it should be. If I had the means, I'd buy one of these for pretty much everybody I know. It's just a weird fun item to own.

Hasbro recently confirmed they would be reintroducing some of the FX lightsabers later this year, but did not give any information on if this would be one of the ones remade. It's a fine item, and it makes Hasbro's customizable lightsaber a whole lot less exciting-- the big H will have a new one out this July with parts of various Clone Wars and Force Unleashed characters' weapons.

Posted byAdam16bit at 11:36 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment