Open Letter to LucasArts

Dear LucasArts,

I have recently downloaded and played through your demo for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and am somewhat upset. Over the past decade, we had a deal: you make bad games tied in to the Star Wars saga, and I won't buy them. It worked out really well, and saved me hundreds of dollars which went toward other fun purchases. And now, you make something decent.

Don't get me wrong, we had some good times. The LEGO games? Sure. X-Wing? Absolutely. I even bought all of the games from the 8- and 16-bit generations, quality be damned, and played through Rebel Assault II on the PlayStation back when that sort of thing was considered to be largely impressive. And now you go and release something with polish that's fun to look at and to play? Seriously, what gives, LucasArts?

I've got toys to write about. I simply can't be bothered to spend tens of hours with high-quality software like this. Please do something about it, as it's going to be much harder to make fun of the average licensed Star Wars title if resources and talent go into them and make them good from here on out.

Your pal,

Adam Pawlus

Posted byAdam16bit at 12:00 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment